Welcome

Hey! Thanks for checking out Kentucky Boy Cooking. Born from a true Kentucky Boy, KBC is his attempt at making some delicious food and sharing it with people. Read below to learn more!

Friday, May 13, 2011

Mission: Underground Market

First assignment for KBC will be selling fried pickles at this month's ForageSF's Underground Market (6 pm to midnight, Saturday May 21 at Public Works). I first checked out this market in May and was pretty blown away by tasty fixings there: anise habanero anise jerky from OaktownJerk,  to cardamom candied pistachio from Laura's Nuts. YUM!

Some of you may be thinking pickles, fried? Naw, that doesn't work! Well, let me tell ya, fried pickles are tried and true Kentucky treat, enjoyed all the ways to the shores of the Atlantic.

As for the market, this will be quite a step up from my standard cooking routine. Instead of the general 4-6 friends I'm used to feeding, I'll be facing a San Fransiscan horde, 2800 strong. But I will come with plenty of fire power: 15 gallons of pickles, 2 electric griddles straight from Amazon.com, and my two trusty helpers, Elaine and Nelson. Together, we'll be serving up 600 servings of fried goodness. 

Come check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment